- Bring a couple inches of water in a large stockpot to boil. Place a steaming basket inside and drop broccoli florets in it, then cover and steam for about 5 minutes, until slightly softened but still bright green.
- Drain the water and set broccoli florets aside.
- Heat the stockpot again, add olive oil, then add onions and saute for about 5 minutes, until soft and translucent. Add salt and pepper, then spinach and saute for a few minutes, until leaves wilt.
- Add bone broth to the onions and spinach and let it get warm.
- Pour liquid and onions into a blender and add broccoli. Blend on high until perfectly smooth, then pour back into the stockpot to heat further before serving.
- You may sub beef or vegetable stock for the bone broth if you choose.
- You may also use an inversion blender instead of a standard one by adding broccoli to the stockpot before blending.