- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a heavy skillet. Add shredded broccoli and carrot and cook on medium heat for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt & pepper and add almonds and stir again.
- Cook another 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Drizzle a glass baking dish with 2 tbsp olive oil, then lay salmon fillets inside, skin-side down, keeping some space between them.
- Smear tops with crushed garlic and season with salt & pepper, then place a dollop of coconut oil on each piece.
- Broil from the center of the oven for 8 minutes, until surface has firmed up and turned light pink and the inside center is slightly past rare.
- Serve each salmon fillet with a scoop of the warm broccoli salad and a wedge of lemon.
- Some grocery stores, such as Trader Joe's, sell pre-shredded broccoli stems in their produce section.
- If you can not find pre-sliced almonds, you can slice or sliver whole nuts instead.