- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a heavy skillet and add onions. Cook on medium for about 2 minutes, until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add peppers and cook for another 2 minutes, then add tomatoes.
- Cook the tomatoes and peppers for another 10 minutes, letting the vegetables soften even more and brown on their sides.
- Crape pepper / tomato compote into a bowl, cover and set aside.
- Add the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil to the same skillet, and once warmed over medium heat, lay the cod flat inside, with a little space around each piece.
- Cook for about 4 minutes, until fish begins to firm up, then flip and cook another 4, until it is pure white and begins to flake apart.
- Divide baby arugula between four plates, then top with a piece of cod and a scoop of the pepper / tomato compote and serve.