How to track steps in humanOS
This article covers how to track your daily steps with or without a wearable device on humanOS.
Option 1 - Track with a Device
We currently integrated step day from:
- Garmin devices
- An Oura Ring
- A Fitbit devices
- An Apple Watch (requires a workaround but works smoothly once set up).
Note: You can not track steps manually for a team challenge.
Option 2 - Track your steps using your phone step counter only
To track steps in humanOS without a device, you can download the free Fitbit Mobile app, which then uses your phone to track your daily step count. The app is free and works on iOS and Android phones.
You don't have to have a Fitbit device for this to work. Just follow these steps:
- Download the Fitbit Mobile app (in phone app store)
- Set up your Fitbit account
- Turn on Mobile Tracking in settings (see: Fitbit Mobile Track Help)
- Connect your Fitbit account in humanOS (Click gear icon in upper right hand corner of the of the humanOS App).
See that your Fitbit account is connected to humanOS!