Stephan Guyenet, PhD
Researcher at University of Washington; Red Pen Reviews
- Creator, The Ideal Weight Program
- humanOS Radio #079 - Is Fruit Fattening?
- humanOS Radio - Stephan Guyenet vs Gary Taubes on the Joe Rogan Experience: Post Debate
- humanOS Radio - The Ketogenic Diet and Diabetes: The Virta Health Study
- humanOS Radio - Why Do We Overeat?
- humanOS Radio - Is High Protein During Weight Loss Bad?
Stephan has a Ph.D. in neuroscience at the University of Washington, then went on to study the neuroscience of obesity and eating behavior as a postdoctoral fellow.
He has spent a total of 12 years in the neuroscience research world studying neurodegenerative disease and the neuroscience of body fatness. His publications in scientific journals have been cited more than 2,100 times by his peers.
He is the founder and director of Red Pen Reviews, which publishes the most informative, consistent, and unbiased popular health and nutrition book reviews available. He is the primary designer of an innovative course-based body weight management program called the Ideal Weight Program, which is part of the HumanOS platform. He also periodically contributes to the scientific literature and is a review editor at Frontiers in Nutrition.